My research is currently mainly focussed on computational modelling and simulation of complex systems.
More specifically, I'm interested in:
- stochastic and hybrid modelling languages;
- techniques to approximate stochastic executions based on mean field or hybrid approaches;
- formal verification techniques for stochastic models, also using mean field or hybrid approaches;
- applications to computational Systems Biology, performance evaluation, and socio-technical systems;
- foundational approaches to behavioural distances, logic, and learning.
Other research interests include:
- computational linguistics (evolution and phylogeny of natural languages);
- uncertainty management (fuzzy set theory, possibility theory, interval probabilities), with applications also in coding theoretical problems (DNA word design);
- approximate algorithms for strings, with application in bioinformatics;
- optimization algorithm, based on a multi-agent paradigm, with application in bioinformatics;
- machine learning, with applications in marketing, health informatics, complex systems modelling.
Here you can find more information on some (current and past) research directions: